! WHAT IS SEISMIC SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHY?
! Seismic Sequence Stratigraphic analysis is a methodology that permits a geologist and geophysicists to subdivide a stratigraphic section into a series of time related 3rd Order Depositional Sequences.
! This is accomplished by the integration of High Resolution Biostratigraphic analysis, marker species, abundance and diversity histograms, p aleobathymetry and paleoenvironment correlated with well log signatures and 2D/3D seismic profiles.
! Correlations are made in time and are not lithologic correlations.
! Maps are made based on Sequences, Sequence Boundaries or Maximum Flooding Surfaces
! APPLICATIONS OF SEISMIC SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHY
! Drs. Peter R. Vail and Walter W. Wornardt completed the Well-Log Sequence Stratigraphy.
! Establish a series of seismic sequence stratigraphic reference wells that can be loop-tied on 2D/3D seismic for regional basinal analysis
! Reservoir correlations in an oil and gas field within a sequence.
! Prediction of ages and Systems Tract surfaces ahead of the drill bit.
! Predict type of reservoir sands in different Systems Tracts in different paleowater depth.
! SEISMIC SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHY WILL HELP YOU IN:
! Identify the 3rd Order Depositional Sequences and Systems Tracts that are associated with the potential hydrocarbon reservoirs, source rocks and seals.
! Determine the play concepts for the reservoir section, coastal belt sands, shingled turbidites sands, sheet sands, and channel overbank sands (parallel to strike): incised valley fill sands and slope fan channel sands, (perpendicular to strike) and basin floor fan sands that form pancake shaped reservoirs.
! Predict the geometry, continuity and distribution of the reservoir sands both vertically and laterally.
1. Seismic Sequence Stratigraphy Report.
Includes the integration of biostratigraphic data, age, paleobathymetry, well-logs and seismic profiles. The age dated Sequences, Sequence Boundaries, Maximum Flooding Surfaces, including Lowstand, Transgressive and Highstand Systems Tracts are discussed. Seismic Sequence Stratigraphy is completed by Drs. Peter R. Vail and Walter W. Wornardt.
2. Table 1: High Resolution Biostratigraphic and Maximum Flooding Surface Stratigraphic Analysis Summary Table. Includes “tops”, numerical and relatives ages, sample-by-sample ecozones and age dated Sequence Boundaries, Maximum Flooding Surfaces and Systems Tracts.
Table 2: Seismic Sequence Stratigraphy, High Resolution Biostratigraphy and Paleoenvironmental Analysis Summary Table.
3. Calcareous Nannofossil and Foraminiferal Checklists: Includes the occurrences and abundances of species, relative and numeric ages. Age significant “tops” (bioevents) are identified and dated in Ma (millions of years) and correlated with the Global Cycle Chart of Hardenbol et al., 1998 and/or Wornardt et al. 2002.
4. Seismic Sequence Stratigraphic Chart: (reproduced in color) includes the “tops” (bioevents) with depth, numerical age, relative age and computer generated sample-by-sample water depth interpretation. Diversity and abundance histogram plots. Sequence Boundaries, Maximum Flooding Surfaces, Systems Tracts, Lowstand prograding complexes, slope fans etc.
5. Seismic Reflection Profile: Color-coded seismic reflection profile adjacent to the well trace at the well location depicting the seismic times and numerical ages
6. Sand types in reservoir sections are interpreted in between the Sequence Boundaries
7. All the raw data will be delivered on a CD.