MICRO-STRAT’S DETAILED BIOSTRATIGRAPHY
! WHAT IS HIGH RESOLUTION BIOSTRATIGRAPHY?
! Very detailed fossil analysis of each sample at 30/60 foot intervals plotted on a checklist (species vs. depth) with abundance of each species
! ”Tops” of marker species, numerical ages (Ma) and zones.
! Sample-by-sample paleobathymetry and paleoenvironment
! Species diversity and abundance histograms
! All data available on CD in LAS or ASCII file format and
! APPLICATIONS OF HIGH RESOLUTION BIOSTRATIGRAPHY:
! Age date seismic reflectors
! Age date stacked condensed sections
! Seismic Sequence Stratigraphic analysis
! Reservoir Sequence Stratigraphic analysis
! Nineteen (19) different groups of microfossils worldwide
! Cenozoic, Mesozoic and Paleozoic
! Graphic correlation plots: find unconformities, faults and reworked species sedimentation rates, age and length of time of missing section
! Pore Pressure analysis
HIGH RESOLUTION BIOSTRATIGRAPHY WILL HELP YOU IDENTIFY:! ! Faults
! Repeated sections
! Maximum Flooding Surfaces
! Source rocks
! Major seals
! Reworked species
! Determine sedimentation rate
! Sequence Boundaries
! Systems Tract boundaries
HIGH RESOLUTION BIOSTRATIGRAPHY Age date
Identify repeated sections
Determine sedimentation rate
Systems Tract boundaries
The following will be included and delivered with each written High Resolution Biostratigraphy report:
1. Introduction to the project.
2. Range of samples analyzed.
3. Type of fossils.
4. Relative and numerical ages of the stratigraphic interval analyzed.
5. Location map of the well.
6. Applicable Global Cycle Chart (i.e. Hardenbol et al., 1998, Wornardt et al., 2002).
7. Table 1: High Resolution Biostratigraphy and Paleoenvironmental Analysis Summary Table.
8. High Resolution Biostratigraphic Report: Written based on the age of sediments. Discussion of biostratigraphic data, age, paleobathymetry and paleoenvironments, missing sections, unconformities and faults.
9. High Resolution Biostratigraphic Chart: (reproduced in color) includes the digizited well-log, the “tops” (bioevents) with depth, numerical age, relative age, computer generated sample-by-sample paleowater depth interpretation with diversity and abundance histogram plots.
10. All the raw data will be delivered on a CD.
11. Calcareous Nannofossil and Foraminiferal Checklists: Includes the occurrences and abundances of species’, relative and numeric ages. Age significant “tops” (bioevents) are identified and dated in Ma (millions of years) and correlated with the Global Cycle Chart of Hardenbol et al., 1998 and/or Wornardt et al. 2002. Foraminiferal Checklist includes the paleobathymetric and paleoenvironmental interpretations